Women’s Society of Christian Service (WSCS)
Purpose of WSCS
- To help women grow in the knowledge and experience God as revealed in Jesus Christ;
- To challenge them to respond to God’s redemptive fellowship;
- To make Christ known throughout the world;
- To develop a personal responsibility for the whole task of the Church.
In PLMC, we aim to:
- Help ladies not in cell groups to assimilate into cell groups
- Involve our women in areas of ministry in our church and in the community and nations
- Provide programmes that meet the needs and interests of women in church, particularly in the areas of Spiritual Life, Christian Outreach, Social Concerns and Missions.
Highlights of WSCS Programmes
Cradle Roll – We seek to bless newborns and their mothers through visitation and gifts, prayers and encouragement, following through on the first three years with the children and their mothers.
In collaboration with the Children’s Ministry, Cradle Roll runs an 8-week book study called, Risen Moms. Targeted at mothers with children aged 0-6 years old, and/or mothers-to-be, the mission of Risen Moms is to encourage, equip, and challenge moms to apply biblical principles to their everyday lives. Participants read through a chapter of the book and come together to share their responses to the discussion questions for the week.
Visitation to the Homebound – We desire to bring Gods love and joy to the home-bound, through regular visitations, prayer and music. During the Christmas season, we bring Christmas cheers to them through our WSCS Christmas Carolling to the homebound and gifts.
- Collection and sending of Preloved clothes for the poor and needy in the slums of Philippines.
- Organizing mission trips
WSCS Outreach & Social Concerns partners with the Church Outreach Ministry to deliver meals and necessities to a womens shelter. We have special projects annually to bless the community with cakes or cookies, baked with the help of volunteers.
Blessing Bag & Funding
We will continue to fund our activities through the annual Blessing Bag project. Letters are sent to all the lady members of the church at the end of April to ask for their support to fund our projects.
To enquire, participate and/or serve in any of the above WSCS events or programmes, please leave a message for Mrs Suzie Quek through the PLMC Church office at 62851234.