Women’s Society of Christian Service (WSCS)
Purpose of WSCS
- To help women grow in the knowledge and experience God as revealed in Jesus Christ;
- To challenge them to respond to God’s redemptive fellowship;
- To make Christ known throughout the world;
- To develop a personal responsibility for the whole task of the Church.
In PLMC, we aim to:
- Help ladies not in cell groups to assimilate into cell groups
- Involve our women in areas of ministry in our church and in the community and nations
- Provide programmes that meet the needs and interests of women in church, particularly in the areas of Spiritual Life, Christian Outreach, Social Concerns and Missions.
Cradle Roll – We seek to bless newborns and their mother through visitation and a gift, prayer and encouragement, following through on the first three years with child and mother.
Visitation to the Homebound – We desire to bring God’s love and joy to the home-bound, through visitations, prayer and music. During the Christmas season, we bring Christmas rejoicing to them through our WSCS Christmas Caroling to the homebound.
Other Events – Some of our other events in 2015 and 2016 were a High-Tea Fellowship “Beauty of His Woman” by Jill Lowe, a 2-day Women’s Conference “Rising to Your Destiny” to equip and empower our women to evangelise in our homes, communities and nations where the main speaker was Rev Dr Suzette Hattingh, and a 12-week interactive study entitled “Seeking Him – Experience the Joy of Personal Revival”.
Blessing Bag & Funding
We will continue to fund our activities through the Blessing Bags project. The Blessing Bags are normally dispatched to all women (25 years and above) in the church at the beginning of May. 10% of these collections are given out to various projects to bless the poor and needy locally or overseas.
To enquire, participate and/or serve in any of the above WSCS events or programmes, please leave a message for Ms. Wendy Lau through the PLMC Church office at 62851234.